Opportunities for qualified high school juniors and seniors to earn college credit.
Contact Admission at (504) 398-2175 or email@example.com.
Jumpstart Your College Education
UHC offers qualified high school juniors and seniors opportunities to earn college credit through Dual Enrollment. We welcome students from all high schools, including public, private, parochial, home schooled and charter schools throughout the region. At UHC, we want to help you get started on the next step of your academic journey.
Are you ready?
Dual Enrollment programs are increasingly being offered across the country as a way to help qualified high school students earn college credits. When you start college, your Dual Enrollment credits will go with you, giving you a head start and better preparation for academic success.
What are other benefits?
Participating students can save valuable time and money on their college education. You can also experience what it is like to take college courses in a nurturing environment such as UHC. If you're ready for Dual Enrollment courses, UHC is ready to welcome you.
You'll Always Find Support At UHC
UHC’s students are nurtured and guided every step of the way, and Dual Enrollment students are no exception! As a small university with a 10:1 student-faculty ratio, UHC is an ideal place for high school students to ease into college courses. Students never get lost in the crowd and have a personalized experience with caring faculty. Dual Enrollment students also have access to UHC’s extensive library and free tutoring services. As a student enrolled in college-level academics, you will have the support you need.
What classes will you choose?
UHC offers more than 65 academic programs and concentrations, including Biology, Food Science, Business, Education, Social Sciences, Counseling, English, Nursing, and Theology. General education and elective courses are offered in this wide range of disciplines. Our faculty are experienced, accomplished, and caring. As a fully-accredited liberal arts university, UHC credits are transferable to other accredited academic institutions.
For more information on UHC accreditation or to view the Course Catalog, visit UHC.edu.
Join Our Accomplished Community
UHC graduates distinguish themselves in fields such as Education, Nursing, Business, and Health Sciences. Our graduates move on to graduate programs in fields such as Counseling and professional programs in medicine, dentistry, physical therapy, and law. As a university that serves primarily local students, the majority of our alumni live, work, and thrive in the New Orleans area.
Qualifying For Dual Enrollment
High school juniors or seniors who have approval from their guidance counselors may apply. In addition, candidates must have:
- a minimum cumulative high school GPA of 2.5 or higher;
- a minimum ACT Test score of 18 in English and 20 in Math, or equivalent scores on UHC's ACCUPLACER Placement Test.
**If students do not meet the minimum requirements, they may enroll in ENG100, REA100, MAT99, MAT100A, or MAT100B.
Interested? Let's Get Started
Applying for Dual Enrollment is easy. Just follow the instructions below:
For Public School Students funded by Course Choice:
1. Notify your school counselor that you are interested in Dual Enrollment with Louisiana’s Course Choice/Supplemental Course Academy.
2. Go to www.lacourses.net and choose “University of Holy Cross” on the Provider drop down menu to see which courses are of interest.
3. Go to http://uhcno.edu/apply/. Select “Dual Enrollment Student” as your enrollment status.
4. For intended major, choose “High School/ Non-Degree/ Dual Enrollment,” and then complete the application.
5. Submit the application.
6. Ask your high school counselor to contact Ms. Meredith Reed (firstname.lastname@example.org) to send your ACT/SAT and transcripts and arrange registration. (Note: Students who have not yet taken the ACT/SAT will be required to take a placement test offered free-of-charge at UHC’s Center for Teaching and Learning.);
7. Check your email for acceptance information from UHC admissions.
In addition to the new opportunity for public school students, UHC continues to offer Dual Enrollment for private school students at a discounted tuition. For the first course, tuition is $150. After the first course, tuition is $100 per credit hour.
For Private School Students:
1. Check with your high school counselor for approval to participate in dual enrollment;
2. Apply to UHC, submit the required documents, and await confirmation of acceptance;
3. Contact Ms. Meredith Reed (email@example.com) to register and pick up your Welcome Packet;
4. See the Bursar’s Office for payment information.
Talk to an Admissions Counselor—We're Here To Help
At UHC, our Admissions Counselors are happy to answer questions from parents or high school students about Dual Enrollment. We can give you more information about how Dual Enrollment can help you meet your educational goals. Contact Admissions at (504) 398-2175 or firstname.lastname@example.org.